Sunday, February 2, 2014

[A new little grand daughter.... and some art]...

A baby is like the beginning of all things...
wonder... hope and a dream of possibilities...
.....Eda Le Shan
 
Well... we are floating on cloud nine over here...
our newest little grand daughter arrived four days ago...
here she is nestled into her big brother's arms...
only hours old...
little Indi Rose...
 
 
yes...
 totally BESOTTED with her...
as are mum, dad and her brothers and sisters...
 
 
these words couldn't be more perfect
to describe how I feel...
 
with our family.... friends...
and recent move back to the beach...
 it seriously feels like...
 I have stepped into the most beautiful story...
and sometimes I just have to pinch myself
to remind myself of  how real it is...
feeling immensely blessed... and grateful...
my heart is overflowing with love... big time...
 
I have been a big fan of Kelly Kilmer's style of
art journal pages for a looooong time...

it is a great way to do a page fairly quickly...
 and get some journaling down...
as well as make use of my
 ever growing pile of
gorgeous magazine images
and patterned papers...
here is my first one...
they are something I am going to try to create regularly...
 
and this afternoon I managed a quick page
with stabilo.. soft pastels and gesso...
they are my go to art supplies
when I want to warm up or haven't painted in a while...
have to say...
it felt so good to put some paint on paper today :)
 
To practice any art...
no matter how well or badly
is a way to make your soul grow...
so DO it...
dance on your way out of here...
sing on your way out of here...
write a love poem when you get home...
.....Kurt Vonnegut
 
Shine on my beautiful friends...
hope your week has some sparkle tucked within it...
 
Jenny ♥
 


20 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Indi Rose is beautiful and has such a sweet name.

    Beautiful art too - it's lovely to see how happy you are in your new home.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh Jenny!!! WOW you lucky girl having such a sweet little babe to love! (I wish!) She looks sooooooo adorable! Love your jounal pages - its a fabulous style for sure! And your painting - this one is mesmerising - but a deepness about her...hmmmn... cant put my finger on it! Wishing you loads of sparkles too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Jenny, she's so precious and has a beautiful name too - many congratulations all round xx

    Glad you're loving your new home, it does sound idyllic - love that last sparking pic too :)

    Great art too - as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! She looks like a rose ready to bloom one day! Her name is wonderful (I love names)! I also love the saying and the artwork!
    Have a wonderful day (with your new granddaughter)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big hugs of congratulations to you and your whole family, jenny!!!!!!! I feel what you are feeling! I love your granddaughter's name, too. Beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations again Jenny on little Indi Rose (beautiful name for such a gorgeous little bundle) :) ...and your art is amazing as always...and I hope you have a sparkling week too! :) Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh jenny, your new art is wonderful....love your magazine page too, that will be interesting to see your journal...she si just a darling xxxx you deserve to be this happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your new granddaughter Indi Rose, she's gorgeous! I can feel your happiness from here and rightly so. So happy for you Jenny! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A big congrats my friend! Your granddaughter is absolutely precious!
    Love your new art. I too like the journal page....eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a lovely little baby, wishing you all joy love and health with her!

    so sweet to see your art!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Beautiful post. Congrats on your GD, she looks so blissfully content. The journal page looks great and I really love the quote by Kurt Vonnegut and may your weeks keep sparkling Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on being a grandma again! She looks so gorgeous. And your art is wonderful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh My Dear Jenny ♥ my he♥rt is overflowing reading your beautiful and heartfelt post...
    Congratulations to all the family on the birth of precious little Indi Rose...such a blessing and sweet gift from above!
    I am so very happy for you and your family getting to share sweet moments together...
    Your quotes and creativity are such a blessing too...
    L♥ve to you and yours all ways!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooooh! Congratulations!! HOW perfectly wonderful - and gorgeous she is. Your art is beautiful too - I love the new journal page and your face is so sweet. Keep living the dream! :))) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the artwork (always love your creations) BUT THE BABY!!!!!!! Oh how utterly GORGEOUS!!!!!! Congrats to all xoxox oh Jen did you see Rocky Horror in BrisVegas too? I took the girls and we had the best night, my face hurt the next day from smiling so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, I have finally come here to visit your blog Jenny. And, Oh My, Indie Rose is absolutely Perfectly Adorable. Aren't e so very lucky to have the experience of 'Grandchildren'? XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  17. She's such a cutie Jenny, I can imagine you must be in love! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful photos Jenny.. Love the one of your sparkles too.. Stunning and tranquil xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on the arrival of Indi Rose...she is adorable... how very special.
    I adore your journal page.... its amazing!
    Mardi xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations with your granddaughter! She is so adorable, who wouldn't melt away? :-)
    I'm visiting to let you know how much I've appreciated your encouragement and kindness, when I started blogging and participated in my first round of 29 faces one year ago! (I'm not blogging much at the moment)
    Hope you are happy and well!
    Ilona xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every comment, thank you so very much:)

Jenny ♥